Having a few essential items on hand for the hospital and when you bring your newborn home will help you be at ease and ready for your newborns arrival.
To make sure you will have an easy transition, familiarize yourself with the products and assemble them prior to baby’s arrival.
Essentials to pack for the baby for the hospital
Generally there will be some essentials available at the hospital, but you never know and this way you make sure you have everything covered.
- A few newborn diapers
- A hat
- Outfits for baby
- Special going home outfit
- Baby blanket
- Formula and bottles
- Burp cloths are always handy and how cute are these
Make sure you get your rear-facing car seat installed prior to your hospital stay, so you are ready.
Essentials for bringing baby home
It is a good idea to have the following items at home and prepared for baby’s arrival:
- Breast pump (this was my favourite)
- Burp cloths
- Newborn diapers (but don’t buy too many of the same brand or size in case your baby outgrows them or they irritate their skin)
- Wipes (or a cloth and warm water are perfect as well)
- Diaper cream
- Bottles with various nipples to see which kind baby will take
- Crib or Co sleeper
- Fitted sheet and mattress for the crib
- Outfits, onesies, and pajamas
- Newborn bathtub
- Towels and Washcloths
If I should have missed any essentials you were glad you have on hand please email me so I can make sure to add them. Should you be ready to book your newborn photo session I would love to chat!
I am Tanja and I specialize in Newborn and Maternity photography in my boutique studio located in beautiful Lynn Valley, North Vancouver. I will make sure to have all essentials for your shoot stocked here in my studio. No need to bring anything but yourself and your newborn baby.