Maternity Photography North Vancouver – Congratulations you’re pregnant! It might have taken years or might have happened quickly, but now there are exciting changes and a baby on the way.
How can you best prepare yourself for pregnancy and labour? It can be hard to sort through the confusing or opposing opinions of family, friends and the Internet. You want to do what’s best for your growing baby and know what to eat, how to stay healthy and fit yourself, manage labour pains and how to care for your baby after birth as best as possible.
Prenatal classes are a great way to help understand the many changes that will happen before and after birth.
Here are some prenatal classes offered in North Vancouver:
The Mama Coach – Lindsay – Prenatal Class
This is not your average prenatal class! This class not only teaches you about labour and birth but also what to expect with your newborn. We will cover:
- The third trimester
- Partner roles
- When to go to the hospital
- Signs and stages of labour
- Pain management options
- Caesarean births
- Immediate postpartum care for mama and baby
- How to initiate breastfeeding
- Bottle feeding and supplementation
- Newborn care, quirks and sleep
You will leave feeling confident about the birth of your baby and bringing them home. After the class you will not only receive a prenatal ebook, but many resources to help get you ready for your new arrival- including a hospital bag checklist! The class is approximately 4 hours long (classes are either one 4 hour session to two 2 hour sessions). In home options available for private classes.
Prenatal in a Nutshell – Prenatal Class
For “Prenatal in a Nutshell”:
- Body changes in late pregnancy
- Warning signs associated with preterm labour and high-risk pregnancy
- Signs of labour
- When to go to the hospital
- The birth process
- Breathing, positioning and comfort measures
- Role of your support person
- Medical interventions
- What to expect after your birth
CONTENT for “Breastfeeding and Baby Care”: *Physiology of Breastfeeding *Breastfeeding Positions *What to expect with breastfeeding *Tips to increase your breastfeeding success *Physical and emotional changes after the birth *Normal newborn appearance and behaviour *Why babies cry and how you can help”
Birthing Embrace – Prenatal Class
Get ready for your home birth with Birth At Home Prenatal Classes
- 2.5 hour classes once a week for 6 weeks
- Home birth set-up
- Comprehensive classes on the birth process
- Newborn care segment
- Evidence-based information
- Discussion on hospital transfers
- North Vancouver and Burnaby locations
- Max 8 couples per class
- Private prenatal classes available upon request
Sign-up and get a free copy of “Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering” by Dr. Sarah Buckley and “The Baby Book” by Dr. William Sears with your registration.
Hi, I am Tanja a professional Newborn, Baby and Maternity Photographer in North Vancouver. Should I have missed any local prenatal courses, please let me know and I will add them to the list.