Yay! I finally finished some videos to show you around in my studio, so you know what to expect when you arrive for your newborn photo shoot. So excited to meeting you and show you around in person!
If you have a newborn photo shoot scheduled or are hoping to schedule one, here are some tips to get the most out of it:
Newborn Photo Shoot – A few tips to get the most out of your baby’s session:
- Interact with and keep baby awake for about 30 min – 45 min before your session to ensure he/she is nice and sleepy for the session. Not that I mind cuddling with the babies, but I want to ensure you get the most out of your session and a beautiful gallery.*Stimulating baby with a washcloth bath or by doing ‘naked time’ prior to the session are some tricks that usually work well.
- Please time the feeding so it will be done at the studio. That way your little one will have a full belly and hopefully fall asleep for the session.
- I like to allow plenty of time for feeding and cuddling during your session so plan to be here between 2-4 hours. I have snacks and water for you here at the studio, but if you have any dietary restrictions, please bring a snack or let me know beforehand. There will be drinks and snacks available during the session and we will take everything nice and slow and your baby will be the centre of attention.
- Please wear cool and comfortable clothing in layers as the studio will be nice and warm so your baby feels comfortable and hopefully sleeps through most of our session.
- During your newborn photo shoot, sit back and relax. I won’t need much assistance, so take advantage of this time to rest in my sitting area (I’m sure you need it!). Parents will often watch a movie, answer emails or read in my sitting area while I take care of your new little one. I’ve even have parents take advantage of this time and take a nap!
- Please do not bring siblings if they are not part of the shoot. Should they be part of the session please make sure that someone is able to pick them up after the family pictures, as it is no fun for them to wait around.
If you are ready to schedule your newborn photo shoot please contact me here. I am looking forward to hearing from you!