The holiday season is coming up and you want to make it extra special and memorable since it is your little ones first Holiday. Here are a few tips to make the most out of your newborn’s holiday season:
1. Plan Ahead
To make sure you get to enjoy your baby’s first Holiday make sure to plan ahead otherwise you will feel overwhelmed and do not get to enjoy it as much.
A few tips:
- Do you have too much going on? It is ok to cut things out!
- Are you usually hosting, maybe it is a great year to let someone else be the hostess with the mostest and you get to enjoy a lovely evening and your precious baby.
- Maybe plan for shorter stays at friends and family to make sure you get enough quiet time for you and baby.
- Are there any potential stressors? Make sure to talk to your partner and share your feelings and get their input and help. A stressed out mom means is not helping you or your precious baby.
2. Holiday-themed photo shoot
As you might know I’m a maternity and newborn photographer, so I have a vested interest in this one – just sayin’…
Holiday cards, ornaments, and beautiful images captured during their first Holiday season is a great way to share the love with family and close friends. These are also amazing keepsakes for years to come that you can add to. Be aware that photographers book up quickly this time of year, so time is of the essence if you want to get on their books in time and to get your gifts/card order.
3. Begin Collecting
What is a better way than to collect a special ornament per year. This will be such a cherished memory and are such a great way to start a tradition and reflect back when decorating the tree. It is such a simple but yet impactful tradition that will result in decade’s worth of memories and eventually become heirlooms.
4. Personalized stocking, menorah, etc.
Another great way to celebrate your newborns first Holiday is to purchase or create a personalized stocking, menorah or anything that aligns with your family’s holiday beliefs . You can get all the supplies at your local craft store or there are many local crafters on Etsy.
5. Special Holiday book
It is never too early to read to baby. If you are looking to find a good book to start this tradition click here to take a look at a list of recommended Holiday books from goodreads.
Should you be looking to capture your newborn or baby’s first Christmas please feel free to contact me to book a sweet session for your baby to commemorate their first Holiday season.